Deonero safety health and environmental are committed to providing excellence in provision of training to our clients. Our NEBOSH courses are specially designed to provide an engaging and fulfilling experience and promote interaction with delegates.
Who should attend?
- Managers and supervisors with health and safety responsibilities
- Those wishing to pursue a career in management of health and safety.
What’s in the syllabus?
The National General Certificate gives a solid grounding in both the legal and practical aspects of health and safety management. The course is split into elements that are listed below:
- Foundations - Legal, moral and financial reasons for H&S management
- Organising for H&S
- Positive H&S Culture promotion
- Risk assessment
- Principles of control
- Monitoring, review and audit
- Accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Movement of people and vehicles – hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling – hazards and control
- Work equipment – hazards and control
- Electrical – hazards and control
- Fire – hazards and control
- Chemical and biological – hazards and control
- Physical and psychological – hazards and control
- Construction – hazards and control
How is the qualification assessed?
There are 3 elements to the assessment of success on the course:
- NGC3 Practical exam – You carry out an inspection of a workplace and write a report to management
- NGC1 exam – 2 hours
- NGC2 exam – 2 hours
You must pass all three exams to receive your NEBOSH Certificate.
What does the qualification mean?
Successful completion will give you the self assurance necessary to enable you to manage the H&S aspects of your job confidently.
You are eligible for membership of IOSH at the level – Tech IOSH. You are also eligible for associate membership of MIIRSM.
For those wishing to progress to higher H&S qualifications the general certificate is a great stepping stone.
The general certificate will enhance your status with regard to career advancement and future employment.
How much time will the course take?
The taught elements are completed in two consecutive weeks. There is a subsequent revision day, practical exam day and the final day for both written exams giving 13 days in total.
How much does it cost?
£1299 per delegate, inclusive of exam fees and course materials
In House Courses:
We specialise in delivering NEBOSH courses to clients in their own workplaces. Course content and activities are delivered in a tailored way to ensure maximum relevance to the client organisation.
To enquire about our in house courses please click here.
Why choose deonero?
- As we know, training isn’t everything and experience is required to enhance your competence. We therefore provide FREE access to deonero by phone and email for a period of 6 months after training, so you have competent advice if you need it.
- The lead tutor is a Chartered Member of IOSH, has a Masters Degree (MSc) with Distinction in Occupational Safety and Health, CIPD Cert Training Practice, and vast practical industry experience.
- You get personal attention from the tutor to make sure you understand the course content fully.
- We ensure that each individual delegate’s specific needs are met.
Please contact us if you have any more questions, we look forward to hearing from you.