CHAS is a national scheme that allows potential customers and clients to ensure that you, the contractor, have the appropriate H&S measures in place without them having to check your documentation and systems themselves. It is rapidly becoming an essential requirement for contracting businesses.
There are strategic and financial Benefits of having CHAS accreditation:
- Convenience & Speed in tendering – Once completed those looking for contract services can be assured of your credentials without the need for time consuming and costly checks and audits.
- Increased customer visibility – Clients will increasingly only look for CHAS accredited contractors.
- Avoids duplication of your effort by reducing the need to submit multiple H&S Questionnaires to clients.
- Preventing inconsistency in your assessments with some contractors being assessed as compliant by one employer but not others.
The list below gives the areas that will be assessed as part of your CHAS application. Documented evidence must be provided with your completed CHAS Application Form including:
- Health & Safety Policy, Organisation and Arrangements
- Work Equipment
- Health & Safety Training
- Consultation Arrangements
- First Aid
- Emergency Procedures
- Display Screen Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Risk Assessments
- COSHH Assessments
- Health Surveillance
- Accident Reporting
- Personal Protective Equipment PPE
- Access to Competent H&S & Construction Advice
- Workplace monitoring
- Audit & Review Procedures
What we will do.
To become CHAS registered, a CHAS application form must be completed. Deonero will complete the CHAS application with you and ensure that you supply all necessary evidence. Any gaps in evidence or documentation will be filled by us.
NB One of the essential legal requirements of CHAS is having access to competent H&S advice. As part of the service that deonero provides, you may cite us as your competent H&S advisor with Chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH).
How long will it take?
Typically we will be able to submit your application in 1 to 2 working weeks.
We guarantee success. It’s as simple as that.
We have vast practical experience in all aspects of H&S and ensuring our clients excellence of service. A core principle of deonero is exceeding our customer’s expectations.
Here’s what our clients say about our service »
Our qualifications are second to none, with MSc in Occupational Safety and Health and CMIOSH.
To make your CHAS application simple, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need fast low cost assistance to complete your CHAS application we suggest purchasing our CHAS application pack as an instant download. Please click here to read further.